View Single Post
Old 07-31-2020, 06:01 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default T206 REFERENCE.....Reminiscing about your 1st BB card Show where you acquired T206's

* * * * * * * * * * * * T206 Reference, Theory's, Surveys, etc. * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The guy responsible for my "fascination" for collecting T206 front/back permutations is our old Net54 member Barry Sloate. I remember this as it was only yesterday, when
I responded to Barry's SCD Adv. in the Spring of 1983. Barry was selling cards from a 1949 BOWMAN set. I needed some tough Hi #'s to complete my 2nd set. We were on
the phone for over an hour....Talkin' BB cards. Besides BOWMAN's, we also talked T206's. Barry sold me this Lundgren, it was the very first T206 in my collection that had a
Tobacco brand other than the usual PIEDMONT, SWEET CAPORAL, or OLD MILL. And, as they say.... "the rest is history".
Furthermore, years later when I started my all - SOVEREIGN set of T206's, Barry had acquired a large collection of T206's. Included in this find was a significant number of
SOVEREIGN cards. He contacted me, and I purchased 270 different SOVEREIGN cards. That was quite a boost for me, since 408 cards are needed to complete this set.

. .

TED Z