View Single Post
Old 07-28-2021, 04:36 AM
J@son Per1

They are a small business that is experiencing severe growing pains and is struggling to scale up. This is a common theme in any number of industries. I feel slightly bad for those whose cards are stuck with them but they aren’t the only option. Their competition has mobilized and seems to be outflanking them these days but for many collectors it remains PSA or bust. It’s important to keep in mind that situation will evolve. They are going through an ownership change and are washing their hands of Orlando who will get a nice golden parachute. New ownership needs to be nimble and respond to the market or they risk falling behind. Despite all their missteps they still retain a good degree of brand equity in what still appears to be a growing market.

As for the original assertion that they have “some nerve” as my granny used to say doing quick grading in the National I think it’s debatable. Not sure if I’d say it’s flat out unethical but it’s hard to feel that bad for anyone whose cards are stuck with them month after month. This company has had issues for years now but their cards still get a premium. Whether that remains the case 5 years from now will be interesting to see. Those who submitted should have been well aware of the risks & upsides of their decision to patronize them.