View Single Post
Old 06-22-2023, 04:12 PM
β∪τ∁ℏ †∪RΩεΓ

Default Some new ones for me today

The 86 Topps Blue Streak Clemens. I have the 86 Topps Seaver on its way and the search is on for the Puhl version as well. This will be busted out of its tomb and placed into my 86 binder.

The 89 Donruss Bobby Bonilla #2 has what looks like a hand made circle top right of the card. I have seen more of these but this was around the time this card came out. I did a search today and did not find any on eBay or COMC. And I do not see this one documented anywhere either.

The 1989 Donruss checklist #600 I got today. This version is only available in the factory sealed sets that has the black bar on the top left of the back of the card (The card numbering stops at #660 and does not list the BC's that were in the wax packs on the back of the card).

Interesting thing with this card is the Front and Back are printed like a coin. Flip it top to bottom, the back is upright. Flip it left to right, the back is upside down. Note the card holder position front and back. None of the other factory checklists are printed this way, just #600.

There is one other #600 factory set only variation with a black bar on the right top and bottom of the card, I'm still looking for that one and have no idea yet if the same print anomaly is carried over to that one as well. I will find one eventually and post it when I do.

The 1990 Donruss cards show their respective variations. Yeah I know, crap set with a boat load of variations. (NOTE: I do not consider the 'Inc dot' and no 'Inc dot' to be of any significance at all to consider them worthy to collect.) YMMV.

The Grand Slam cards are missing the black line on the right side reverse of the card. Julio Franco has the "All-Star Game Performance Header" on the reverse of the card instead of the "Recent Major League Performance' Header.

The Jeff Innis has a 'scratch' in the circle. And the Dale Murphy has a black bar covering the top of his 'D' in his first name.

When I bought the case of the 90's Donruss way back when they first came out, it turned out to be a very early printing case and had danged near all the variations that are documented. So, I busted a factory set when they came out and put together almost a master set. I am too close now to not go ahead and get the final few cards to make this master set happen. 89 and 90 will be the only two Donruss sets that I mess with. I have sold or gotten rid of the rest.

But I did keep the remaining 90 Donruss Wax Boxes, and they are unopened....
(insert foot stomp here).

Enjoy,

Butch
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Document_20230622_0002.jpg (181.6 KB, 361 views)
File Type: jpg Document_20230622_0001.jpg (196.5 KB, 362 views)
File Type: jpg Document_20230622_0004.jpg (180.4 KB, 358 views)
File Type: jpg Document_20230622_0003.jpg (134.1 KB, 355 views)
File Type: jpg Document_20230622_0005.jpg (191.1 KB, 360 views)
File Type: jpg Document_20230622_0006.jpg (196.7 KB, 364 views)

Completed: 1969 - 2000 Topps Baseball Sets and Traded Sets.

Senators and Frank Howard fan.

I collect Topps baseball variations -- I can quit anytime I want to.....I DON'T WANT TO.