View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 07:58 PM
Administrator

Default Signed Perez Steele

Posted By: Al C.risafulli

While nobody here would consider Perez-Steeles to be vintage, and there is a postwar sportscard board, I do have to say that I consider the Perez-Steele "Great Moments" cards to be absolutely gorgeous.

They're patterned after T3s, they're relatively limited in supply, they contain a lot of prewar players, and they're absolutely beautiful, IMO. I picked up a complete set a year or two ago for about $1000, and 55 of them were autographed. I think there's only 62 or 63 of them that are possible to have autographed (the remaining players had passed away before their cards were issued).

I think they're cheap due to lack of demand. While I may sell mine someday, I do consider them to be an heirloom type of item. I don't have mine graded because the large SGC slabs take up a lot of space, and since I bought my set all at once I have them in their original boxes.

Edited to add: if you're not currently into prewar cards, but would like to learn more and get into them, this is the perfect type of set to start with. It can introduce you to some of the more familiar prewar players, it's patterned after a tremendously popular prewar set, and it won't break any bank.

-Al