View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 08:28 PM
JeR@Me

Default Grading.... Tomato - Tamato... Tommy Toe....

Nice Wag's - (The grade is irrelevant to the card whether it is a PSA 1 or SGC 35) - A great card if it is in a Beckett or GAI holder imho...

Let's face it... Both companies do a decent job, but consistency is in the hands of score's of graders - so not sure there can be consistency with different eyes and different judgement from multiple people. I have several cards that are undergraded and some that are overgraded. I actually don't even pay too much attention to the grade. The protection is nice. Authentification is important. The Look of a quality holder that catalog's a card is key as well. Not to get too off topic on this thread, but I am having an mini-ephiphany. I have seen so many posts, comments, concerns about TPG over the years, that I wonder if a new TPG with sleeker, smaller, thinner, higher quality plastic, emerged and left the label off the front and placed it on the back (So nothing but the card was showing from the front) along with simply the word Authentic, would collector's be interested in something like this ? The reason I mention it is I like the good ole days where the buyer and seller would hash out what they think the appropriate grade is and go from there. I have 1's that are vg-ex to the eye and 4's that are only good conditon(2). Numbers mean very little to me at this point. I feel the market is being under served in this regard. Experienced collector's don't need to be told what grade a card is in my humble opinion. Imagine seeing just the card in a protective holder from the front with the label on the reverse in a more micro form with the label - Authentic. Anyone want to start a grading company ? I live in the mid-south and actually am located in one of the best domestic shipping points in the US. 70% of America can be delivered to in 2 days via ground. Many companies move their distribution to this location every year for the reach on delivery point. I think the label is a bit of a detraction from the essence of the card. (Put the label on the back and cut the size down in half) I am envisioning.... I will discontinue my ramble, but I got a feva... and the prescription is more.... Which card is overgraded and which is undergraded ? I rest my case.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Breitenstein 1.jpg (78.3 KB, 325 views)
File Type: jpg Breitenstein 2.jpg (78.3 KB, 324 views)
File Type: jpg Bill Hart 1.jpg (72.8 KB, 323 views)
File Type: jpg Bill Hart 2.jpg (74.1 KB, 325 views)

Last edited by DixieBaseball; 02-19-2013 at 09:34 PM.