View Single Post
Old 11-18-2014, 10:30 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopherfan View Post
Thanks for the reply, Scott.

How about South Carolina? Every year I have to hear about how awesome they are, and every year they end up with 3 or 4 losses. Of course this is because it is so tough to win in the vaunted SEC. Arkansas, same thing. Georgia lost to Boise State a couple years ago in basically a home game. Boise State got little credit because it was all gimmicks, trick plays, and Georgia just had a bad day.

Florida, Kentucky, Tennessee, Vanderbilt and Arkansas are free wins this year.

I don't think LSU is a top 25 team, but they are what? 17th? How is that possible? They have 4 losses, and are below .500 in the SEC. They were lucky to get by Wisconsin (how does Gordon only get 5 touches in the second half after rushing for 170 in the first half?), but some great wins against Sam Houston St., Louisiana-Monroe, New Mexico St., Florida (having a horrible year) and Kentucky. They have 2 decent wins. How are they 17th again? And every team that beats them gets a power ranking boost for beating a "top team".

As far as A&M being a really good team, I don't buy it. They have one quality win. Auburn, and they needed to fumble recoveries in the last 3 minutes to hang on to that one. I am not giving them quality win credit for beating South Carolina. Sorry, can't do it.

Why don't we just rank all the SEC teams in the top 25, and if one of them beats another one, we can just exchange their spot in the polls.
I understood your previous points, but now you just sound angry. The SEC is just another college football conference - it isn't worth getting so upset about. Besides, this 4-team playoff system should solve most of the problem with coming up with a legitimate champ.

Last edited by Runscott; 11-18-2014 at 11:00 AM.