View Single Post
Old 09-22-2021, 10:31 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
Peter, that phrasing by eBay does leave it open to interpretation. But there's another interesting phrase they used: "If we determine that a buyer or seller is not acting in good faith, eBay takes this seriously and takes action." To me, that would seem to indicate that they believe PWCC is complicit in the shill bidding, as the action they took was to ban them. I would also think that if they felt the consignors were behind the shilling, they would at least attempt to work with a seller that large to resolve the issue. It will be interesting to find out whether eBay ever contacted PWCC to say something like, "Hey, we're noticing some suspicious activity in your auctions involving shill bidding. Let's try to figure this out and stop it." But based on PWCC's response to the ban, it seems as though they were completely surprised by it, which would seem to indicate that eBay feels that PWCC are the ones acting in bad faith.
Hopefully somehow we'll find out what it all means. As to your last point, I wouldn't take anything PWCC says at face value. Anything. This is a man who claimed on this forum I was the first one ever to raise a question about his scans (many years ago when they were thermonuclear), when just a few months before he himself had responded at length to such a claim on CU. This is a man who told me flat out in 2016 or 2017 that Gary M. had retired. I could go on and on and on. His public statements are all self-serving spin IMO.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 09-22-2021 at 10:34 AM.