View Single Post
Old 09-29-2017, 09:16 PM
Kyle May

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobucsmagic74 View Post
Q1: If this is about the Constitution, then can you please show me where in the Constitution it states who these rights are and are not extended to?

A1:They are extended to all, in theory. It's the lack of execution of these rights that's in question

Response to A1: So it has nothing to do with the Constitution, but rather how we as Americans act. Good, good. We're learning something called accountability today.

Q2: Why aren't these athletes protesting the violence in the south side of Chicago, that just recorded its 500th official homicide of 2017 this past weekend?

A2:Can't answer that but unsure of the relevance as it relates to this issue?

Response to A2: Well, if they're protesting social injustice, the murder of people would certainly fall under that category. There were 762 homicides last year, and another 500+ this year. Last year, 4334 people were shot (one person every two hours essentially), and almost all of those victims were black. The police shot 25 people, and they were all mostly armed or dangerous in other ways. Isn't this in the realm of what the athletes are protesting? Why are they ignoring Chicago? Doesn't fit their racial/victim narrative, does it?

Q3: If these minorities/people of color were truly oppressed, why is 68% of the NFL and 74% of the NBA black?

A3: These athletes are representing the other 99.9 of those who aren't professional athletes

Response to A3: Those percentages extended into the college ranks as well. Also, what about higher up figureheads such as Ben Carson, Sheriff David Clarke, etc., who work first hand with those would be "oppressed"? Why don't they see it the same way as the athletes?

Q4: Why is the leader (Colin Kaepernick) of this "movement" a supporter of Fidel Castro, a truly oppressive dictator?

A4: No idea, and he's not the leader as far as I know...he just was the first to stick his neck out

Response to A4: He started the "movement", therefore he lead the movement, hence him being the "leader". And that still somewhat dodges the main point of the question, that the person they are all supporting and standing (or kneeling) with is a supporter of an oppressive dictator.

Q5: Why don't these athletes - or anyone who feels oppressed by America for that matter - find another country to live in if the US is truly that oppressive?
A5: Or just be uber patriotic and stop watching sports

Response to A5: I am incredibly Patriotic, and I have stopped watching the NFL and NBA.
Responses are underneath your answers. And my responses, for the most part, are legitimate responses to spark discussion, which is what we need to have more of. Not the childish name calling that goes on.

- Hall of Famers
Progress: 318/340 (93.53%)

- Grover Hartley PC
Needs: T207 Anonymous Factory 25 Back, 1914 New York Evening Sun Supplements, 1917 D328 Weil Baking Co., and (possibly) 1917 Merchant's Bakery

- Jim Thome PC

- Cleveland Indians Franchise Hall of Fame

Last edited by KMayUSA6060; 09-29-2017 at 09:22 PM.