View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 07:46 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
How is this going? I though about this today and hadn't seen any updates so figured i would bump this awesome thread.
Thanks for checking in. Honestly I haven't spoken with Bill (hey Bill) too much recently. Maybe a month or so ago or a little less. I know he is doing good stuff and see some updates from his posts. This forum has been awesome in supporting the Safe Haven Furever Rescue cause. I have always been a treasurer for Bill, but that is mostly in title only (and for organizational paperwork ) because there has to be one. And we have used this forum to raise money to save a whole lot of dogs. That is a really great thing.
This all said, and has been stated before, when I started doing this with Bill and saw what he was actually doing, I got the urge to do something locally, physically, to help the doggies. I think at that time we had 4 doggies, taken off the street, and I built 3 runs in our backyard for 3 rescues I could foster at a time. Then someone dumped 2 more dogs in our neighborhood. I was putting one into my car, after about 2 hours of prodding on a few different back streets, and had one in my arms when the other one came up and bit me on my leg, drawing a little blood. He was absolutely only protecting his brother. Long story short they both got quarantined at Collin County Animal Shelter and were labeled code red (not a good code for longevity) and were labeled as biters too. (not good for being adoptable) So on the 10th day when they got out of quarantine I adopted both of them. That was probably a year or so ago, now. Then 6 months ago I was doing a favor for a rescue I didn't know a lot about and ended up having to adopt a dog I was fostering for them. They wanted me to take it back to the shelter due to some behaviour issues with, mostly, other doggies after I had her for over 3 months. She would have been labeled dangerous and would have quickly been killed (euthanized). So I adopted her too. Now we have 7 permanent doggies (until I can rehome the last one) and am only doing one foster at a time because of all of the others I have now. At this moment I have a Great Pyrenees foster (8 doggies total) that is heading to MN this Sunday to his forever home. Then I will get a new foster soon after that. Suffice it to say I have my hands full with doggies at the moment and for no specific reason Bill and I haven't spoken.

Last edited by Leon; 06-21-2019 at 08:34 AM.