View Single Post
Old 11-08-2021, 07:45 AM
Scott
Scott All.en

Default A Tale of Woe and Misery

William Clay Ford was approved as new Detroit Lions on owner on 11-22-63 - a rather ominous beginning, eh?

Since 1963 - that’s 58 years and counting - the Detroit Lions have won 2 division titles, and one of them was with a record of 9-7. They have 15 last place finishes. They have won one playoff game. Their record in these 58 years is 347-488, a .416 winning percentage. They have won 10 or more games only 6 times in those 58 years, while losing 10 or more games 21 times. I believe there has never been a fired Lions head coach who has ever been re-hired by another team as their head coach. They once made a tv analyst the general manager. A head coach once publicly asked the press, “What does it take to get fired around here?”

Their two best players since the Fords took over are probably Barry Sanders and Calvin Johnson, both of whom have or are estranged from the team.

Beginning in 2002, the Lions picked in the top 10 for 5 consecutive years and selected the following players: QB Joey Harrington (#3), WR Charles Rogers (#2), WR Roy Williams (#7), WR Mike Williams (#10) and OLB Ernie Sims (#9). All 5 players were busts.

There is a new Ford this year - Sheila. She played college tennis, so she understands what it takes to run a pro football team. An article earlier this season claimed the Lions were the best 0-6 team in history!

If your last name was Ford, how could you not be ashamed of owning this team? The Lions are the “Edsel” of the NFL, but instead of admitting defeat and shutting it down, they continue to create this lemon year after year after year. If the Lions were a car, Ralph Nader would have sued them into bankruptcy!

The utter arrogance it must require for this family to continue owning this franchise is just stunning to me.

I ask you all, please write your congressman and demand that the Ford family be removed as owners of the Detroit Lions. This madness must end now!