View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 05:07 PM
Ken Goldin

Default Answering specific autograph authenticity questions and help

Hi all.
Someone well respected on the board requested i post something regarding people who ask me questions in PM or email about items. He specifically asked me about a Koufax-Ryan signed ball that was shown on here and I was emailed by the member and told him it was good. He ended up winning the auction on Ebay, and he got a legit ball at a good price.

If you have a question especially about a purported Score Board item or an athlete I previously had under contract and I can help, i will. Email is often best as i do not read every thread. If i think it will help the community, without telling who asked it, I will repeat the question here along with my reply and why.
for starters: here is why i knew the koufax ryan ball was good
1. unlike the picture, it was NOT a koufax Ryan ball (which SB actually didnt do, they always added feller at $3 per sig to compensate for Koufax costing $25) but was a Koufax Ryan Feller ball

2. The ball holder it was in was the special holder that was made just for QVC customers, not a mass marketed holder, but a private label mold that SB had commissioned

3. the name plate on the ball holder was the type produced by California Gold, a company owned by SB.

4. I was actually not concerned about the koufax, the Ryan did look a little weird to me, so i emailed the images to the gentleman who was in charge of all Nolan Ryan signings from 1989-1997 and also handled Koufax signings. He said the sigs looked good, and the positioning of them on the ball and angle as they were signed 'in the box' was perfect.

based on 1-4 above, I answered the question 'Yes i think it is good'.

I hope this and future information is found helpful by the members
my email is ken@goldinauctions.com

regards
Ken