View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 09:02 AM
Administrator

Default 55 All Americans

Posted By: macboube

I have just had approx. five hundred 1955 Topps All American cards graded. They are all from unopened cello packs and only I (and PSA) have seen and touched them. The gradings have been all over the map, with many inconsistencies throughout every submission. Obviously the cards main concern is centering, however, it seems more often than not, cards centered well within the printed PSA guidelines for grade 9 or 10, do not achieve that grade. Particularly 10's. It seems there is this unwritten rule for graders not to give out 10's, even if everything is well within the framework of their guidelines. It is frustrating and unfair. It seems that having Vintage cards from unopened packs does not overcome the nuances and subjectivity factors from the graders. It almost feels like a determent. Also, I know many of these cards would grade 9.5 if there was such a thing. Why there is not is utterly ridiculous. How can you leave that half grade and only include half grades through 8.5 is just moronic. Comments? Suggestions