View Single Post
Old 12-20-2023, 06:05 AM
J0hn Collin$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harliduck View Post
Crappy story...was going through some sets the other night only to find that the last page of my 1958 Topps set was MISSING. Only explanation is the page was stolen...cards and sheet missing. Made me sick to my stomach. Could have happened in the last 2 or 3 months...and we have had lots of visitors to the house...and with 4 older daughters they have had guests over. We have one guess...but...

Anyway, had to replace that last page...most were easy and I quickly just bought some nice EX BINs...picked up a nice Spahn AS...the big one is the Mantle AS. Won this last night in an auction...a little OC and looks like some erased pencil on top, but nice enough as it matches the VG, VG/EX of my set. I was shocked what I won it for...went to bed with a much higher bid and woke up to quite a shock. Anyway...now only need the Aaron AS to be back to a complete set...

Nice replacement Mantle, but that sucks if your cards were stolen!

I got lucky yesterday - forgot the cleaning crew people were coming, and left a pile of nice 63's sitting out on my desk in the guest room / office. Probably 500 dollars worth of cards easy, including a graded Koufax.

When I got home after 5, the cards were all there, right where I left them. I knew we trusted these folks when we hired them, but glad that trust still seems well placed. My cards are insured and usually well put away, but sometimes you realize something like this and it makes you feel uneasy...

Last edited by jchcollins; 12-20-2023 at 06:43 AM.