View Single Post
Old 06-02-2022, 05:54 AM
J0hn Collin$

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
My collection is pretty straight forward 1950s to '70s stuff. Insufferably long waits aside, are there types of cards that are 'better' (whatever that means to you personally) to send into SGC than to PSA?
SGC since 2020 has gone overboard with being tough on centering. From what I have seen, they are now tougher on centering, and PSA is still tougher on corners. PSA will give a card a 5 for corners that I've seen get 6's with SGC - just my opinion. But I've also seen SGC lose the script on centering and horribly downgrade cards just because of that. I had a certain Mickey Mantle card that was a harshly graded SGC 5; I busted it and sent it back to them and they gave it a 6.5.

So bottom line, I would not send any "close" cards in terms of centering standards that you want to get a certain grade to SGC. Part of the problem may also be new graders or those that can't figure out percentage math beyond 60/40. SGC is great basically with giving well-centered cards fair grades in respect to their other problems. But with OC, they misjudge stated centering standards far too often for my tastes.

Last edited by jchcollins; 06-02-2022 at 05:57 AM.