View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 10:28 AM
Je.ff Cl.ark

Please forgive me for pasting a portion of my earlier post. (My first) I think it's applicable to this topic as well and didn't feel like retyping it. As I read this thread I found myself agreeing with Bluebird and saw how quickly he was set upon because he disagreed with some. I'm glad he turned out to be legit and was reinstated. Good diligence Leon.

I have little use for 3rd party authenticators who sell their wares and denounce anyone other than their friends items or their own merchandise. One claims a so called double major from an Ivy league university. First item in the resume and is apparently a documented lie. As many of these bogus and laughably inflated resumes seem to be. PSA and JSA are not the end all to beat all either. Another proudly claims to have obtained 100,000 "in person" autographs in 20 years. That's 1 per hour, 12 hours a day, 7 days a week, for twenty years. (And still 10,000 short) Sorry, I have trouble believing that. These are the same folks that are quick to call other items fake. I even had an "in person" Ali called a forgery. Not that it couldn't be verified authentic (which is fine) but an outright forgery. I believe these same folks are involved with ebay and can bounce items seemingly at will. Although I've never sold an autograph on ebay so I'm not too familiar how that works. They all have their own agenda and in most cases, I think it's driven by greed. Liars and crooks are killing this hobby. (No offense Shelly, but you did plenty of damage prior to seeing the light, AFTER you were caught) And there are plenty of them.

Last edited by jeffects; 06-17-2009 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Addendums to pasted quote