View Single Post
Old 01-26-2021, 02:41 PM
(DJ) Rich.ard.s

Since it has been almost a week since I started this thread I figured I would provide a quick update and reason for my question. The BST question came about as I've had several people in the past ask here and on other sites ask if a card was still available. No one was asking to purchase at the old listed price. They were just seeing if I still had the card. Still, it made me curious how others would feel in that situation if they still had the card.

On Ebay I had a buyer who was making offers on a card below my asking price. Earlier this year I had raised the price and their offers have continued to slowly increased but still a bit below my asking price. With each offer I have consistently stated the price listed is the price I want for it even when the offers got above my original asking price. I never had the option to make a BO on the card. After making this post I raised the price again by about 20%. Within a few hours, they responded that they would buy the card at my previous price. I declined and advised my new price was due to recent comps. Figured there were enough watchers, it was the cheapest on Ebay at the grade, and was still less than other similar graded examples have sold for. I've already had the card for awhile so worse case scenario is I hold it a little longer. Less than 48 hours later, a different buyer bought the card at the new asking price. So I guess sometimes raising the price might invoke someone to step up and buy the card before it goes up any more.
E92 Red Crofts - Anyone especially Barry, Shean, and Evers