View Single Post
Old 06-06-2019, 08:41 AM
(DJ) Rich.ard.s

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the board.

From your post, it sounds to me like you have a basic understanding of card condition, but maybe not a detailed understanding of what constitutes each grade. What you consider "good" is many times different than what a colletor considers "good". With that in mind, I would start by just posting scans of the card (front and back) here. Board members will be able to give you a rough idea of grade (and authenticity) and a ball park on what you could expect to get for the card. As you mentioned, a 54 Aaron could have a huge swing in price depending on the exact condition. That would also impact how I would proceed next including getting it graded, whether to sell yourself or send it to an auction house (and which ones I would recommend).

As you might expect, the stars from the 60-70's are still collected heavily, but depending on condition, even minor stars may not even be worth the cost of getting graded.

For a lot of the stuff from the 80-90's unless there is something unique, extremely rare, or near perfect condition, I would not have high expectations. Generally, this era is plagued by over production and, therefore, there is little demand.

If you have any questions, please ask. Someone on the board I'm sure will be able to answer them.

DJ
E92 Red Crofts - Anyone especially Barry, Shean, and Evers