View Single Post
Old 05-19-2021, 08:33 PM
Ch@d

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjudge View Post
I agree completely. Cards with comparable grades are worth more in PSA holders. If you think there is even a chance of getting a lower grade in an SGC holder it would be crazy to cross it (and pay a lot to do it).
My experience with PSA cards is that the value falls off a cliff with qualifiers, probably due to the registry effect. So I don't think this card holds tremendously more value in a PSA 3 (MK) holder vs. an SGC 1.5 or 2 holder. Not to mention the fact that '33 Goudeys, of which I've purchase quite a few, carry little to no premium in PSA holders vs SGC holders in my experience. I find that the card itself is a much stronger indicator of price, what I see as a strong 'buy the card, not the holder' trend among many graded '33 Goudey buyers that I compete with. This probably holds true for most pre-war, I would guess.
successful deals with hcv123, rholmes, robw1959, Yankees1964, theuclakid, Brian Van Horn, h2oya311, thecapeleague, Gkoz316, chesbro41, edjs, wazoo, becollie, t206kid, vintageismygame, Neal, bradmar48, iconsportscards, wrapperguy, agrebene, T3fan, T3s, ccre, Leon, wolf441, cammb, tonyo, markf31,gonzo,scmavl & others

currently working on:
E101 (33/50)
T3 set (104/104), complete!
T205 set (108/221)
'33 Goudey
collecting W600s, Walter Johnson