View Single Post
Old 06-18-2014, 12:56 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcv123 View Post
Hi all,

I know the origin of the pins!! But I don't recall the whole story off the top of my head. The guy who took the photos (and I believe they were a controlled setting (not sure about in a studio)) was a professional team photographer (also forget which team). Their short supply I believe is attributed to their lack of licensing. There are prints that were made from the original negatives (which STILL exist and are owned by the original photographers nephew) who runs a photo studio. They are SCARCE! I own a Clemente(pin and print), Mays, Gaylord Perry, Denny McClain. I owned a Rose print. My time is CRAZY tight right now, but I will try to get back here to fill in the blanks when I find my notes. I was chasing the origin of these pins for years and finally hit pay dirt ~2 years ago. Hope that helps.

-Howard
An ebay seller recently told me a similar story, right down to time being crazy tight. That person asked for me to give him a month and get back with him. I did, but got no response. I wonder if that was Howard. I'm as eager as Tom to find out more info!