View Single Post
Old 04-30-2015, 09:58 PM

For the fish-eye on the Munson card (and I take it you mean the little white circle above the number "1" in the Dave McDonald portion of the card), I didn't realize that would be a downgradable print error. Even for a grade 10, PSA says very slight print imperfections allowed if no visual impact, and they change that to "minor" imperfections at grade 9. I wish they were more specific on what constitutes slight and minor (two words that most people might use interchangeably in normal discussion).

That little circle is barely noticeable at normal viewing size, so I guess this is one place where magnification matters. In general, for a fish-eye print defect like this, do you subtract 1/2 to 1 point for that if it's on an unimportant part of the card visually, and maybe more if for example it were in the middle of Munson's face?

I was thinking these fish-eye print defects might be random and infrequent, but the below photo shows it can definitely be duplicated, almost identically, on the two Fisk cards (a triple fish-eye in the upper right of both cards, and it tracks with the printed portion not the alignment):

Last edited by Mesquite; 04-30-2015 at 10:00 PM.