View Single Post
Old 12-14-2021, 10:53 AM

Default 8, 000 miles , yes eight thousand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabe View Post
Two things in the card hobby that you can guarantee:

1) People will complain about buyers on Ebay and how "they're getting worse"

2) People will complain about USPS and how "they're getting worse"

These two things are as sure as the sun coming up. In my 20+ years online as a member of eBay and various card forums, those two things have ALWAYS been going on.

Last week, I had someone mail me a package that they shipped at around 2pm. I had it the next morning.

I mailed someone a package on Saturday. Dropped it off around 11am. It was delivered 800 miles away on Monday morning at 7am.

..***** ..An hour ago I received , literally this morning on December 14th , here in the blatant boondocks of the coal regions of Eastern Pennsylvania , halfway between Pottstown and Pottsville , a standard first class normal padded envelope of autographed '36 Chicle and Goudey photocard premiums , which was postmarked December 10th in "Haiku , HI. ", 96708 , which according to Googlemaps is in the blatant boondocks of Maui ......four days .......go figure......and why the cards were in Hawaii in the first place is another story , I'm sure.........so , Mele Kalikimaka to the USPS ......( Der Bingle's version of that song is far and away the best )