View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 10:46 AM
Administrator

Default Need advice for a GAI problem.

Posted By: Dave Haas

In the now locked GAI-CTD thread I mentioned I was waiting for the return of several cards I sent GAI on Oct 9. One of the 5 cards was a very nice '48/49 Leaf Babe Ruth. Several days after GAI received the cards a person named "Darren" called me and said he was handling my order and wanted to know if I was interested in selling the Ruth card. He said that one of their customers had a want list on file and one of the cards on it was a '48/'49 Ruth. After some negotiating we arrived at a price and he said he would encapsulate the card and upon receipt of a check from the Buyer, send my remaining cards and a GAI check for the amount to me. Well, I received the package today and my remaining 4 cards were there but no Ruth card and no check.
Since GAI's phone and website are down and with multiple rumors as to their future, how do you think I should handle this situation? Darren had given me his cell phone number and I have left a message, but since he hasn't responded to previous messages I am not holding my breath for his call. They might have "accidently" forgot to include the check or have I just been scammed. I do have copies of my original submission form and also of the Pregrade results that were on their website. Does anyone have any suggestions. Thanks.