View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 09:20 AM
Administrator

Default boxing ticket experts

Posted By: George Dreher

Jimmy, it's an original ticket, no doubt, and in amazing condition. The problem being, if I scan it, the scanner light may permeate causing the word "counterfeit" to be permanently displayed on the back, ruining the value. I could snap a photo of it with no flash, but my digital camera doesn't present decent images of flat items because I can't zoom close enough without blurring the image. If I use the flash, it may permeate right through to the back and cause the "counterfeit" to show for all eternity?
I was hoping that a boxing research expert or author on boxing collectibles might respond directly to my original question, but they probably don't read this forum. I have a bit of knowledge on these things, but not enough to validate that this is a full ticket or how the ticket takers dealt with this ticket in Montana before the fight started (hole punching?, cancellation stamping?, flashing the reverse with light? etc).
I doubt if there is a finer example of this ticket in existence than the one sitting here in front of me.