View Single Post
Old 09-05-2005, 07:49 AM
Administrator

Default I know it is early but----27th National questions?

Posted By: jackgoodman

Since my log-in name is ocjack, I'd be happy to try and answer any questions about Anaheim and Orange County (oc).

Airports: John Wayne Airport is in OC and is closest, but cheaper flights in can be had by flying into LAX. Airports in Ontario and San Diego, are further, but in car-necessary Southern California, not unthinkable.

Cars: Unless you are planning to stay at the hotel and convention center the entire time, a car is necessary. The convention area hotels have shuttles that will take you to a couple of places, but don't count on 'em if you want to be truly mobile.

Hotels: Anaheim is a forest of hotels. There are several major ones within the convention center complex and large and smaller ones in the surrounding neighborhood. Price is the main consideration. Any of the on-line travel sites will be helpful in selecting suitable accommodations.

Tourist sites: It's Southern California!!!!! Grab an Angels game, drive up to LA for the Dodgers or head south for the Padres, or Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm, or go to Hollywood and buy a map to the stars homes. Name it - we probably have it.

Hope this helps. As the National draws nearer, feel free to ask any questions that come to mind. I'll be happy to try to help.