View Single Post
Old 06-18-2020, 06:35 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by prestigecollectibles View Post
I think many people sell on eBay and keep those funds in their PayPal account to use for future purchases. With sales going directly into bank accounts I wonder if buyers will be less likely to spend money than if it was just sitting in their PayPal account.
This is the part I can't believe eBay still hasn't figured out. Not only do they benefit from buyers' money burning a hole in their pocket to spend back on ebay, generating additional sales in the process, but if funds used for the second purchase were in the buyer's account already, no additional processing fees are being charged by a credit card issuer for the second purchase. But in Paypal's case, unless f&f is used, they're still going to charge that second seller the same processing fee. There is an awful lot of money that just bounces from one Paypal account to another, racking up fees for Paypal along the way, that never actually gets run through a credit card. By not having a way for users to spend directly from their MP account (except on postage, starting in July), eBay is missing out on additional sales, processing fees for the account-balance-shuffle, and interest on all the funds allowed to build up in users' accounts as they save for larger purchases.