View Single Post
Old 12-22-2021, 03:10 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

You may well be right. But I hope not. His career trajectory has certainly been very unusual. Not many shortstops from Stetson University enter into a discussion for HOF pitchers.

Linsecum is an interesting point of comparison. I hope he doesn't go the same route. But there certainly a lot of similarities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven View Post
Steve,

I was basing what I said off of his history.Track record might have been the wrong term, but Degrom early on in his career, had Tommy John (I want to say around 2010 or 2011, the date escapes me at the moment) the UCL issues have been around for a bit. With him being on the wrong side of his thirties, compounding with the fact he was experiencing some issues with it again this year, makes me skeptical when it comes to how the rest of his career pans out. A slightly different situation, but we saw what happened with Tim Lincecum. Burned Bright, burned early, won his two Cy Youngs and now he's out of the league. Will never reach the Hall.

Degrom, when healthy, is an absolute force. He's incredible, I don't think there's really a pitcher you would choose over him, if you needed someone in a do or die game. I want him to stay healthy, pitch another great 3-4 seasons, put together a Hall of Fame Resume. But I don't think it's likely. I hope I'm wrong.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 12-22-2021 at 07:14 PM.