Thread: Latest Pickups
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2021, 01:28 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
IMO the category change has done major damage to the less popular categories. The boxing category is a mess. All of the unopened "box" stuff gets dragged into it and even when you refine for sport "boxing" a ton of extraneous crap still shows up. My sales last week were abysmal after weeks of strong sales and the only reasonable explanation I can come up with is that the items that sold before were discovered and tracked before the category shuffling. I fear it will take months for this to be sorted out. Until it is I think I will just confine myself to fixed price listings, some with best offers.

When you list, you have to find a way to fit the word "boxing" in the title. I've always done that, but it's even more important now.

.......and, when you search, you have to search the word "Boxing", and put it in quotes......otherwise anything that's a spin-off of the word "box", will pop up.

Sad thing is............you won't pick up anything boxing related, where the seller originally put it in a formerly existing boxing category, but neglected to put the word "boxing" in the item title.

In other words............Ebay F*&k3ed it all up.

I hope what I just wrote, makes a lick of sense.