View Single Post
Old 12-05-2020, 09:17 PM
James M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey2296 View Post
On the Eva of what's shaping up to be a pretty heated auction I'm curious what members think about the process. I enjoy the auctions for several reasons, I assume my buyers premium assures trust, now trust is a big thing for me and other members here so an AH that can earn that trust is invaluable. I think Scott flat guarantees that anything he sells will grade as opposed to the recent 33 Gehrig Kevin shitshow thread.

So Al and Scott closed their successful auctions and Roberts is closing tonight. Of course the REA tomorrow. My specific question is on the closing process. I sympathize with east coast folks at these auctions starting at midnight on Sunday, Im West Coast so I'm okay with it but damn, keeping folks up past midnight who have the resources to spend 100K on a type 1 is unconscionable.

My other pet peeve is the lot closing process, it's per lot or per auction. Per auction is certainly not buyer friendly. If two guys are battling over a 35,000 Ty Cobb they have to wait for two guys battling over a 1961 Fleer Boudreau. Now either one of those fights are fun, they have nothing to do with each other. Now I get why that helps the consignors and the AH in general but come on, let guys battle it out for individual lots and close the when the battle is done.

Thoughts?

PS, good luck to all the Net54 members in the REA.
I think the people can afford to drop 100K on a type 1 photo, don't really mind it ending at midnight because chances are, if they can afford to spend that much money on a Photo, they probably don't have many things to worry about Even if they have Jobs the following day, I'm sure they'd be fine. I'd be interested to know the details of your 2nd point, as I agree with you.

charlietheexterminator, todeen, tonyo, Santo10fan
Bocabirdman (5x), 8thEastVB, JCMTiger, Rjackson44
Republicaninmass, 73toppsmann, quinnsryche (2x),
Donscards.