View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 06:02 PM
Administrator

Default OT: What is the best baseball game you ever attended?

Posted By: john/z28jd

My brother asked me this recently and I really coudln't decide because there hasn't been any monumental games that I've been to.My six favorites in no particular order that I came up with were:

The 2006 all-star game,the only all-star game I've been to and it was in my teams home ballpark,the best park in baseball I might add.

I was at the game where Barry Bonds hit his 713th home run over my head and I was sitting in the 2nd level,I swear that ball would've traveled another 150 feet if it didnt hit that McDonalds advertising sign. The drama in his next AB knowing he could tie Ruth was amazing,the whole place was on their feet and it cleared out when he didnt hit a HR.

I was at a Pirates/White Sox game last year that went back and forth till the 9th inning,Jim Thome came in to pinch hit as the go ahead run with one out and 2 guys on and he flied out to the LF corner getting robbed of a HR by Jason Bay,Pirates won 8-7.

This year when the hated Yankees visited Pittsburgh for the first time since the 7th game of the 1960 world series,Mazeroski threw out the first ball and Pirates clobbered them with a sellout crowd on hand cheering like it was a playoff game.

My first game in 1982,old timers day at Yankee stadium when all the greats still were around. I have a picture of the lineup on the foul line,just the backs of the jerseys of Mantle,Ford,DiMaggio,Berra,Maris and Rizzuto as they waved to the crowd

Finally as a 12 year old,I went to old Comiskey Park with my dad and saw my idol Carlton Fisk hit a home run to lead off the 4th inning. I can still see the ball going out to LF like it happened yesterday