View Single Post
Old 09-29-2022, 09:53 AM
D@n Di.Pao.la

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgjackson222 View Post
So I am pretty sure I was the one who sold one of the cards referenced by the OP. I sold an SGC 4 '58 Aaron for a little over half the cost that someone else is trying to sell a PSA 2 '58 Aaron.

I set my price based on recent Ebay sales.

When I saw the price for the PSA 2 '58 Aaron, I assumed that the seller had paid too much for a raw card and had assumed it would grade higher from PSA.

To be honest, until I read this thread, I didn't know that Beckett still made a price guide. I thought that with the ease that it takes to look up past ebay sales, and websites like 130point.com and VintageCardPrices.com, that a source like Beckett would be obsolete.

Do Beckett values generally run higher than ebay sales? If so, it would explain why dealers use it.

Yours and a couple others....on the flip saide...I have been collecting for 40+ years (about 2 years on 54 now) and have never heard of the websites 130point.com and VintageCardPrices.com. I use Beckett and eBay as guides...and Beckett is usually very close to eBay IMO. You may be right that other vintage sites are more current and accurate for a certain niche of HOF....but for the most part I feel commons and minor stars prices/sales/values are in line with eBay and Beckett....maybe the ones with less activity? I will check those out though...Thanks!