View Single Post
Old 11-25-2022, 02:05 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
Ots amazing isnt it? I mean who would of thought "poor" people could be fat? Look at 3rd world countries, those are poor people. Are are talking about poor, or lazy? It would actually take effort to get off those statin drugs and insulin, with just a little diet and exercise. As it would to go shopping anywhere and cook, rather than stop at the drive thru.
It's lazy and we all know it . It's very easy, it doesn't take the privilege of being wealthy to not be obese. There is a very, very small part of the population with a genuine disorder that prevents their body from working properly and for whom weight management is legitimately difficult and not a simple choice, but it is very, very rare.

Having a little discipline is not a privilege of the wealthy. A fellow's job does not mean he is incapable of thinking about what he puts into his body, incapable of discipline, incapable of getting out and exercising (cardio is free! It costs nothing to take a run!). What an offensive characterization of the poor, since we're going to make this about being offended. I was poor and barely scraping by out of college when I made the choice to stop being fat. I was still able to pick the healthy food. A giant tub of Spinach costs less than a Big Mac.

Being fat is a choice people make. It's grossly unhealthy. People can make whatever choice they want for themselves, but to pretend that most people are incapable of policing their weight is a load of bullshit. That's not "science" or "medicine", that's denying it. If people want to get triggered by basic self responsibility or their unscientific bullshit being labelled "bullshit", they can.