View Single Post
Old 12-08-2021, 05:48 PM
James M.

Default Best Player You've Seen, Best Player You've Met.

We have many fans on the forum of all ages, as noted in our recent poll, conducted by Leon. We can also always appreciate our fond memories of watching America's Pastime, at some point in our lives, which is the inspiration for this thread.

The greatest player I've seen in person, is probably Barry Bonds. While this will undoubtedly be a bit controversial, due to his usage of PED's the man was Hall of Fame worthy before the stuff, and Ruthian while he was on it. Watching him take batting practice, and then play in a game was a treat. The Sound of the Ball off his bat was incredible. Alex Rodriguez and Albert Pujols also fit the bill for me, as both were incredible during their primes.

The greatest player I've personally met is a bit more tricky. Had a few conversations with Jim Kaat who was a very good player in his day. Pete Rose would also qualify, as Charlie Hustle would probably be the most legendary player I met.

Who was the best you've seen in person? Whose the best you've met? Please, I'd love to hear!

charlietheexterminator, todeen, tonyo, Santo10fan
Bocabirdman (5x), 8thEastVB, JCMTiger, Rjackson44
Republicaninmass, 73toppsmann, quinnsryche (2x),
Donscards.