View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 12:49 PM
Dan K3443dy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Do a search on this site and you will see in depth discussions about it. Their Director of Grading, and member of our board, has explained it. In short they made that brand quite a while ago for Home Shopping Network and mass retailers. It was never supposed to be for hobbyists as ourselves. At this point I believe it makes them money and in this business, if you are making a profit and doing it legally, it's a good thing. I believe they will not accept many cards (especially old ones) for that service anymore.
I sort of wonder why they don't discontinue it (along with other things like why PSA/DNA isn't more clear when grading autographs on cards that it is the autograph, and not the card, getting a 9). I get the money aspect of it, as well as perhaps the original reasoning associated with HSN (which is an entire other source of confusion for card collectors).

But have to assume it affects their brand at some point to be both a disrespected and respected grading authority simultaneously.

Thanks for the information, I appreciate it.