View Single Post
Old 02-06-2021, 12:55 PM
Ran-jodh Dh.ill0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage View Post
I haven't checked ebay sales, but I would assume Gretzky and Lemieux have a slight upper hand on Orr, Howe, and the Canadiens great ones.
Yes, and there are a few reasons for that. Firstly, majority of the buyers pushing the market today watched Gretzky and Lemieux play, but not Orr, Howe and Richard, etc. Secondly, the Gretzky and Lemieux rookies, for a long time, were pretty cheap. Even today, it's much cheaper to pick-up a low grade Gretzky or Lemieux compared to the others. For example, a PSA 1 Howe rookie is over $3,000 USD now and a PSA 1 Orr rookie is about $2,500 USD! So, it only makes sense that these cards are not going to be as popular because most people don't have that kind of money to spend.

Quote:
A more specific question could be which year of Gretzky trades the most ?
Is it his rookie, 2nd year, or doesn't matter ?
Rookie, obviously.

Quote:
I think with Orr it doesn't matter, and some prefer not to own his rookie as they feel it doesn't have the eye appeal that some of his other cards have.
It's no different with Bobby Orr. Look at the price difference between his rookie and his second-year card. You can buy his 67' Topps in PSA 7 for about a thousand US, and his rookie in the same grade is about twenty-five times this amount! Everybody wants his rookie, period.