View Single Post
Old 08-16-2021, 02:22 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Bowman View Post
Like many variations the first I heard about it was from an eBay seller, on this one I'm guessing 7-10 years ago. I saw his listing and was skeptical until I saw the scan and was instantly convinced it was a legit variation. Hopefully Darren (JollyElm) can recall when and how he found out about the 73 Topps Kaline Band-Aid variation.
As a variation nut, I actually 'discovered' this one on my own a long time ago, sometime in the earlier 90's IIRC? Never heard of it (and I'm sure someone out there before me can claim the actual discovery as their own), but found/noticed one (among multiple Kalines) inside the huge box of 1973's my brothers and I had amassed, and I've been looking for them ever since. Sold a couple at healthy prices, and interest seems to be skyrocketing.

I will point out this card is cursed!! Seemingly every time I put one of mine out there for trade or sale, some sc_mbag comes out of woodwork trying to take it off of my hands for nothing. All they see are dollar signs and nothing else matters. They usually take the exact same approach, from pretending their interest is tepid by saying they 'might' be interested in the card, to pretending it's not worth anything by saying, "You know, elm, you and I are probably the only ones who collect this guy," to offering me nothing but crap for it, to spewing out the hatred when I don't fall for their obvious BS. It's like they're reading from the same script. They want the card and it doesn't matter one bit that I don't want (can't use, etc.) what they insist I take for it. I just laugh and think, "What the hell is wrong with these people??!!" Sorry for the rant, but this card is just a grief maker!! Whenever I get a PM with the subject line being "1973 Kaline," I just think, "Crap, here we go again!!"

Hopefully, your results will vary.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.