View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 10:28 AM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

I'm more of a SS ball guy myself...That ball really doesn't appeal to me that much, and I'm sure I'm not alone in this. Basically, what I'm getting at is that it isn't a universally desirable ball, and that will definitely have a negative effect on the value of the ball. And while someone pointed out that Bonds passed Aaron, sure the ped/asterix factor plays in as far as the 755 inscription, but Aaron is still relevant as the RBI leader as well.

However, if maybe Henderson, Bonds and Ripken were all added to this ball with respective inscriptions of "1406", "73" or "762", and "2632". I might definitely be interested, and perhaps pay a premium for ball like that. Sadaharu Oh would be a nice addition, and perhaps Ichiro for the single season hit record.

Basically what I'm getting at is, what's the point of having a "Kings of Baseball" without including all the kings? or at least all possible living kings.

If you're looking to sell, I'd suggest setting a significant BIN with a best-offer option. Maybe in the $350-400 range. I don't think I'd take a chance on a straight auction with that ball. You're gonna have to be patient to get a decent sale value.

Last edited by novakjr; 02-02-2011 at 10:47 AM.