View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 06:29 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Seller was 100000% correct here, and I don't even blame him for outing that obnoxious boor. I am usually a lot less patient; my standard response is "then go find it somewhere else." The buyer's tactics also were stupid; go ahead and tell the seller what a big-time buyer you are, it so makes him sympathetic to your plight, poor rich boy.

I used to get so many obnoxious a-holes arguing price with me on Ebay that I put this into all of my auction listings to nip it in the bud:

"Please do not email me complaining about the price; that is not a viable method of negotiation in my book. I am the writer and publisher of America's Great Boxing Cards, the definitive encyclopedia of American boxing cards. I know the boxing card market on the cards I sell better than anyone else in the world and I try to offer the rarest cards I can find at fair price--most of them have pops close to zero--so please do not waste your time insulting my intelligence with a lowball offer on a rare card."

And you know what? When it comes to rare cards I generally get my asking price eventually, sometimes from the same dork who argued vociferously that the card is worth far less.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 03-13-2013 at 06:44 AM.