View Single Post
Old 09-06-2014, 08:44 AM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGarcia View Post
I've read horror stories on this forum about a buyer keeping the item and E-Bay and Paypal refunding his full payment ? How is this remotely possible ?
.. Or is it just an internet legend ?
Only in rare cases does this happen. I think I've had it happen twice over the years, and in both cases is because the buyer absolutely squawked about having to return the item to get their refund. Ebay finally released the funds back to me AND refunded the buyer (meaning the refund came out of EBay's pocket), and allowed the buyer to keep the item. Again, this is VERY rare, and in my experience, only happens on relatively low-priced items.

Much more common is the scenario of a buyer forcing a return, squawking about having to pay return shipping until the seller finally foots the bill, then the buyer leaves a neg feedback anyway when it's all over. You definitely have to have thick skin when selling on eBay, as they have removed nearly every means for well-meaning sellers to defend themselves from the abusers.