View Single Post
Old 04-05-2020, 04:15 AM

Default Raw Goudey Set Pictures - Automated Card Grading, Authentication and Tamper Detection

Hi - I'm hoping to identify some folks on here who have raw Goudey sets or large collections in an effort to collect some photos en masse. I need a large quantity of images to train the machine vision used to evaluate cards and the images need to be taken on a smartphone. I'm willing to pay anyone with a large group of cards to take these photos - either in cash or paid in actual Goudey cards that I own. I'm happy to work out the specifics but can anyone here give me tips on people here that might have larger quantities of raw 33 Goudeys? It only takes a few mins to take the photos - and it would be super helpful to the hobby if I can actually get this thing launched even supporting just a few sets to start...

As an update - I'm going to launch the prototype as a closed beta here with a few more features in May for testing purposes on Net54 only. I'll be including authentication, grading (corners, edges and surface) and possibly unique finger-printing (if I w can squeeze this in on time) The only thing limited by set would be authentication - but I'm excited to get feedback from all of you here. In any event - the faster I can find some willing set holders the more rapidly I can post a test version here so any help is appreciated. Thus far nothing I've found on the web from tips given here has been appropriately sized and uncompressed - but I certainly appreciate the help. Several members have come forward with groups of 20-30 images and I'm sending them cards and payment - so thanks to those folks as well.

In short - please let me know if you are a large 33 Goudey collector or know of folks who are who might be willing to submit some imagery (w compensation) - thanks!