View Single Post
Old 12-06-2016, 04:12 PM
Al Richter

Default H&B

My wife and her family were all shareholders in H&B which made the Louisville Slugger bats. Their grandfather was a major shareholder and director of the company. That connection scored us a lot of World Series tickets over the years

H&B has a very nice Museum in Louisville. Worth a visit if you are ever there. I asked the company Secretary why they did not have an exhibit of these cards like they do for the bats. I don't think it ever occurred to them. I asked if they had a master list of all the player cards they produced in Taiwan, the Philippines or elsewhere. They did not. It was of no real interest to anyone I talked to threre.

For the most part, the Louisville Slugger brand was sold by H&B to Wilson a couple of years back. The company really only owns the bat factory and Museum in Louisville now. It was always a family run business ( Hillerich as opposed to Bradsby) that was not up to the new competitors in the bat market.

Card history and documentation about what they produced did not seem important to anyone I could find. And whether there are 5 or 6 or more Hershiser variants clearly is of no interest to anyone at H & B