View Single Post
Old 09-18-2020, 06:04 AM
Lonnie Nagel

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
That's one reason I'm asking so many questions now. If they just start grading without having a finely tuned system, the grades will be inadequate. Consistency is required of a grading company or tool.
I believe the current "Human" process of grading a card involves the opinions from several (if not many) pairs of eyes before the final grade is actually assigned and I don't anticipate that AI will (or can) completely eliminate the "human"factor.

However - I do believe that this "eGrade" could become an extremely useful tool in expediting the entire process as the intermediate sets of eyes could be completely eliminated where each card is initially assigned an AI grade and then it would need to pass thru a final "human" evaluation process (with just a few sets of highly qualified eyes) before being assigned the final "Certified Grade" and then slabbed and returned to the customer.

I see this as a huge move towards completely eliminating the 6-12 month turnaround times that we currently enjoy.

Best of Luck in your endeavors -