View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 03:37 PM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by travrosty View Post
He didn't seem to be in charge of the fraud division as far as it came to autographs, he seemed to have his hands tied. if he was in charge, he should have cleaned house and run a ship the way he wanted to, but he didn't. it seemed like he was running a ship the way others wanted.

The problem is that it's a fraud division, not just autograph fraud, and autograph fraud needs an autograph knowledgable person in charge of it. someone who knows the history of the hobby, what challenges it faces currently and how to fix it. i fear they probably just put another person in his place that will struggle just the same.

All autographs need to be accountable on ebay, not just non - psa, jsa, ga autographs.

there is a joe louis signed boxing license that's not good, and it is still on ebay, and it is report-proof, it will never come off, because it has a jsa cert.
That's the problem ebay faces, when you buy psa and jsa certs, you seem to buy a pass to sell them on ebay without critical inspection.
I would concur....I guess what you have there at e-bay is the lesser of 2 evils...and all in all, It's a HUGE step in the right direction. Although certainly not perfect. Not even good enough for me to ever buy another autograph, but better than I've ever seen.