View Single Post
Old 01-26-2021, 10:39 AM

Ok, agree the top tier vintage HOFers from prominent sets is what more people are trying to obtain these days. Commons not so much, even from big time sets.

I wonder what future may hold for some of the more obscure sets with Cobb/Matty/W. Johnson/etc. ? Not the T206, Cracker Jack, Goudey - but stuff like S74 silks, 1910 Sweet Cap pins, Domino Discs, to a lesser degree M116's, early Exhibits, odd 1920's issues - all have Cobb/Matty/Young/W. Johnson in them. These cards have been stagnant for a while now. Is it their time now to break thru and start skyrocketing?

Aaron vs. Mays - since way back their prices have been quite comparable. So now Aaron passes, his cards go up. I can see the logic behind the Mays cards closely following to keep pace.

No longer able to afford what I once collected, am now turning to modern shiny stuff of todays mega stars, Curry, Giannis, Trout, few others. It keeps me active in the hobby which is sure nice. And can't believe it but last couple weeks just plunked down some decent coin for a few old 1999 first year Pokemon Holo's. Oh, my - what am I doing ?!?!