View Single Post
Old 07-04-2022, 07:54 PM
Joh.n Spen.cer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineunder71 View Post
I received my first “Authenticity Guaranteed” item today through eBay’s mandatory system.

As a Buyer, I hate this program...

First and most importantly, I should not be forced to send what I purchase to anyone for approval!! Also, I really don’t want anyone else handling my cards. Most folks simply don’t handle raw cards in the manner that I expect.

Next, It takes longer to get my item and mine came with those bands holding the now terribly encased card by two corners. Well, that sucks!

The QR code is on that cheap plastic penny sleeve and states “Void if Damaged” on the seal...

So, I can’t take my card out of this cheap penny sleeve encased Card Saver 1 (which is not how I store my collection) without voiding the “Guarantee”

Haha, this is worthless to me!!!

Also, the cheap penny sleeve with the QR code comes damaged by the rubber bands holding it to the huge folder, just like shown in post #33, Haha, Wonderful Idea

No Thanks, I’m a buyer and I say its a Crock of you know what

100% this is a business ploy, honestly doesn’t even seem legal to force me to send what I purchase to someone else for undue, and un-Wanted handling of my fragile rare vintage collectible.

Just my 32 cents
Your 32 and 32 more from me. I purchased a nice '52 Topps SGC 6 Bob Feller on Ebay and without my knowledge or, God Forbid, my permission suddenly my Bob was not winging his way not to me but was parked with this authentication bunch of clowns. What a joke, no value, just a delay and a worthless cardboard and, yeah, guarantee. For a disinterested buyer, it really sucks.
And why the hell are they authenticating cards that have already been graded?