View Single Post
Old 06-24-2019, 04:54 AM
David Peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by samosa4u View Post
What a good read! We need more threads like this on here.

It really sucks about what happened to your Marusho card. The damage is pretty evident, especially on the last two letters of "Hogan." I don't think PSA/DNA is going to give this one a green light now, but hey, you could always send it to Gary Moser and he'll fix this one up for you.

The Popy looks amazing. You made the right decision by getting him to sign the back. If you had gotten him to sign that plastic on the front and you were to take it outside in the Florida heat - yikes! It would have been a mess! I definitely think you should get it encapsulated by one of those toy grading companies - AFA? Is that what they're called?

Yeah the damage is clear on part of Hulk's signature for sure but was no where near as bad as the Ichiban side. I went from being on top of the world wooooo as I got in my car to F!!!!

I had no interest is getting the front signed as many do. I see no reason to cover up Hulk's face and no reason to cover up the figure. I posted it on my FB page and someone said I should have had him sign the bubble in pink. Yeah no. Had I don't that it would have been a disaster with the heat. Lesson learned on my part. I just didn't even think about it.

In my view the back was perfect because it was a big canvas to have him sign on and I really wanted the inscription.

AFA is the grading company you are correct. I have done a little investigating and they only have one in the pop report and it is the Mil Mascaras. This will be the only Hogan/Hogan example so I do intend to do that at some point. I have my best cards displayed and loose LJN's so this will look killer.

Thanks for checking out the thread and the comments.