View Single Post
Old 02-05-2023, 04:30 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babraham View Post
I mean, that must have taken at least 25-30 minutes to type that up.
It actually took much longer than that, including various edits and breaks to make sure I properly, factually, and logically addressed all the points I did make. And I did so because I knew in the end, the other party would not be able to respond without making themself look even more in the wrong. I actually expected the non-response I got, typical modus operandi from such that will never admit their errors or faults. And trust me, your eyes would still be burning from the original response version I would have loved to have actually posted about the other party and their comments. In the end, the way someone responds just describes the kind of person one can be. They may have the balls to make sarcastic, rude, demeaning comments about someone/something else, and then when you confront them with facts and show how it seems much/everything they said was false and garbage, they just walk away and refuse to answer. I can (and have) clearly show how people like that are typically wrong, how they twist things to make it just their narrative that they talk about and push, aren't man enough to ever admit their stupid mistakes and misstatements, and at the end of the day are nothing more than bullies and cowards it seems. Just go back and read posts I make to any such people and you'll see I always strive to make sure they are as truthful, factual, and logical as possible. And this includes against some that are regarded as great, long-time, and well-loved experts/members on the forum. Just because someone is considered an expert in say some popular, well collected set, shouldn't automatically give them a pass to say whatever they want about anything else, with generally no accountability or pushback when it is possibly wrong or not completely factually correct or logical. The closed-mindedness and short-sightedness of many on this forum is truly disappointing at times.

And I can give real-time, real-life examples of exactly the kind of things I'm talking about. There are currently some threads/posts started/posted by a Will Jaimet on here that got immediate blowback and ridicule. They seem to finally be petering out, but a seemingly common point from many is how this person when asked many direct questions, consistently ignored and didn't answer them, seems to have made some other what were perceived as sarcastic and/or demeaning comments in response, and then apparently just walked away. That is pretty much exactly the same thing that just occurred in my case, but no one else apparently will speak up and also call out such people and wonder/question why the other party did what they did, but then refuses to actually answer questions or respond intelligently. There are many other occasions here on the forum where I've called out others for refusing to respond and answer my questions after responding to theirs, but again, no one else ever seems to want to publicly step up and also question why they refused to answer. But make it a newcomer that no one knows and probably has no other friends on the forum, and watch people pile on. I have had others privately PM me about their own interactions with some others on the forum, and give me their support, and to those people I again thank you and appreciate all you had to say and tell me. There shouldn't be such a double standard treatment tolerated on the forum though. Hopefully in the future more people will begin to have a like view as myself and start to speak out against such a double standard continuing. Otherwise, why is it if a Willjaimet refuses to answer a question, multiple people on the forum immediately begin to respond and say that must be proof he is guilty of what is being said/asked about him. Why isn't the exact same logic then applied to someone who I point out their errors and misstatements to, but then instead of replying and responding to my comments and questions just refuses to answer and says TLDR. It is the exact same thing folks, think about it!!!!!

And to hopefully shut down the trolls from even opening their mouths about how the Jaimet thing was because he was an alleged hobby fraud, so it is completely different than what I'm talking about, the logic, reasoning, and treatment of any situations should always be the same, just like when a TPG reviews and examines a card for grading, and not subject to different standards or interpretation based on what the original issue was, just like it shouldn't matter and make a difference in what card the TPG was given to grade. From what I've seen over the years, it seems/feels I'm about the only person on this forum who will somewhat consistently still call out the BS of not just newer posters/members, but will apply the same standards and thinking to more long-time members and those in their mutual-appreciation style like cliques here on the forum as well. There are a lot of great members and people here in this forum, and just like as in our general society as a whole, there are also a lot who are not!!!