View Single Post
Old 01-07-2005, 02:29 PM
Administrator

Default Uncatalogued cards

Posted By: Scott Elkins

I remember waiting to sell a Ju-Ju Drums card I had when I was type collecting until after it was in the SCD - I simply put in the description that it wasn't listed the year before, but is now catalogued and is possibly one of a kind - actually, I believe that helped the value. I found out when type collecting that a few potential bidders will start to question a card's authenticity if it is not listed in SCD (which could actually hurt the auction of a card).

Also, Leon can agree with me on this one, after spending several years unsuccessfully trying to find the owner of the Fan's Cigs. Bigbee, I learned that this whole secrecy thing is really bad for the Hobby. What I believed happened there is that the owner never was revealed and died - his heirs not knowing what he/she had, and the card could be lost forever (where, if someone knew who owned the card, they could have contacted the heirs and made them a nice offer and probably bought the card).

I don't think the value will be hurt that much on a truly rare card. Especially if someone sells the first year it is in the SCD!