View Single Post
Old 05-22-2006, 04:20 AM
Administrator

Default Who do you collect with?

Posted By: jason

My first foray into card collecting with friends was in 1981 with my next-door neighbors (Brother Bill & Casey) at The Old Mill convention in Mountain View California. Willie McCovey was there signing and I was really pleased that I was able to obtain a Vida Blue Rookie and a box each of the strange, new Donruss & Fleer waxes.

Bill & Casey remained my collecting buddies until I was about 1986 when they moved away and then I became friends with I guy on my baseball team (Kevin) who I am pleased to say is still a good friend even now. Kevin’s main focus is cards from the 1950’s but he also appreciates, and can converse on, the merits of my 19th century purchases.

More recently I have met and enjoyed the friendship of several early baseball collectors that I met through this very forum (Rob & Rob, Jimmy and Barry to name a few) - thanks guys for making the hobby more fun!

I guess we all need collecting buddies and without them to share in the joy of our pickups and research, the hobby would be a duller place.