View Single Post
Old 07-02-2022, 09:09 AM
Dave.Horn.ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by deweyinthehall View Post
This post could have easily gone under the 6th series thread as well.

I'm working on a master '67 set and am wondering (although I think I saw a mentioned about it here someplace) whether we know or think we know which versions of the 7th checklist were printed on the 6th series sheets and which on the 7th.

There are 4 versions of the checklist - Chin touches line, names and numbers higher than boxes; chin touches line names and numbers even; chin doesn't touch line, names and numbers higher; chin doesn't touch names and numbers even.

Since the checklist appears across 4 different slits, it would stand to reason that one version each was from each of the 4 slits (2 each from the 6th and 7th series), with the ones from the 7th series printing 2x compared to their counterparts from the 6th which had to share their slits with 6th series checklists.

It's not possible to tell from the grainy image of the known 7th slit which one is there.

Any thoughts/opinions on how these were placed and, as a result, how common or rare the versions might be amongst each other?

Here they are for comparison:
I wonder if every checklist from 1961-73 can be found with a variant from each slit/series? Kinda makes sense but some differences could be extremely minute. There's usually at least one checklist variation per series but per slit seems more likely.