View Single Post
Old 05-11-2007, 10:11 AM
Administrator

Default The ACC and Burdick

Posted By: mr. moses

do you mean the mimeograph pages from 1939-not sure date is right-or the 1960 hardcover first edition? I have a 1940's, 1950's, and pair of 1960's copies. I believe all I am missing is that 1939 one. As for the 1960 edition 3-5 HUNDRED dollars seems WAYYYYYY high. ONE I believe sold at that on eBay a while beck and MANY were listed afterwards with either "no sale" or MUCH more realistic prices. As usual I passed on the one in pages in the mid-1990's (HATE when I do that-but I didn't know better and price was 150.00 or so-more than my limited knowledge and budget could afford). Those numbers are just too high (for the 1960's copies) and I'm sure a copy could be had for under 100.00 as they are available-even with dust jacket and in fine condition. Also I think the gist of the question related to Burdick's OWN copy. I would think that 300.00 or more would be in the ballpark (maybe even a bit LOW) for HIS working copy-much like having an autograph or historical paper in an artist's or writer's hand. I for one would be HAPPY to buy it if it's for sale. I will ask Michael Tedesco or David Grimes for their opinion on "the other side" (sounds like a title for a soap opera:-))

(edited to clarify which copies prices are too high)